CRMfusion Community Code of Conduct
The CRMfusion Community is where CRMfusion Community members connect, learn and share knowledge. By participating in the CRMfusion Community, you agree to act in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct. These principles exist to ensure the Community provides the support you need as you work with our applications. As the creators of this Community, we are committed to providing a useful, respectful, and enjoyable place for all members.
- Be careful in the words you choose. We are a community of professionals, and we conduct ourselves professionally. Be kind to others. Do not insult or put down other participants. Harassment and exclusionary behavior aren’t acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Violent threats or language directed against another person.
- Discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting sexually explicit or violent material.
- Posting (or threatening to post) other people’s personally identifying information (“doxing”).
- Personal insults, especially those using racist or sexist terms.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior.
- Be considerate. Your contributions here will be used by other people, and you in turn will depend on the contributions of others. Remember that we’re a world-wide community, so you might not be communicating in everyone’s primary language.
- Assume positive intent
- Do not post information you know to be false.
- Being able to rely on our fellow members to supply accurate information is paramount in collaborative work. While we are all prone to mistakes and understanding things differently, we charge our members to post only with positive intent.
- The posting of certification test questions and answers is strictly prohibited.
- The certification program is designed to accurately gauge a user’s knowledge and help them learn more about the tools.
- Sharing of test information will only rob a user of this valuable learning experience.