[Sticky] Login Error: LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN
I keep getting the following error when trying to login to DemandTools:
Login Error: LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN
I am not sure what I am doing wrong, can you help?
- A Security Token is required to access Salesforce via the API from locations outside of your company's Trusted Network.
- Security tokens are required whether you log in via the API or a desktop client such as Connect for Outlook, Connect Offline, Connect for Office, Connect for Lotus Notes, or the Data Loader.
- You can search for "security token" in the Salesforce "Help & Training" link for more information.
Here is some basic info:
- To request a token, go to set-up->my personal info->reset my security token.
- Salesforce.com will email you a token.
- Once you have the token, append it to the end of your Salesforce password when logging into DemandTools.
- To add your IP address to the trusted list, go to set-up->administration set-up->security controls->network access.
- Adding your IP address to this list will make it so you do not need the security token when logging in from this location.
- To obtain your IP address, check your login history, or click on the following website www.ipchicken.com .
Note: If logging into a Sandbox be sure to use the token generated from the Sandbox environment. Production tokens cannot be used to access a Sandbox.
Olivia M.J. Hinkle
Product Adoption Manager